Mexico has become a popular location to own a second home or vacation property. Many people from around the world -- and especially the United States and Canada -- are actively buying real estate in Mexico. In recent years Mexico become an attractive place to invest. Most of us know at least one person who has recently visited Mexico or who has made a real estate investment in the country. We believe there are several reasons behind this trend:
1) The prices of Mexico properties are often favorable in comparison with other destinations. And, with more and more people discovering Mexico, many experts believe the long-term investment prospects remain attractive.
2) Mexico’s culture and services are increasingly welcoming of foreigners. While Spanish remains the primary language in Mexico it is also true that more and more people speak English, enabling Americans and Canadians to have a more comfortable experience. These days it is not uncommon to encounter a Home Depot, Starbucks, McDonald’s and other ’American’ brands while in Mexico. Cell phone service, Internet and Wi-Fi are also increasingly common in the more popular locations. All in all, Mexico feels more like accessible and comfortable than in the past.
3) Over 70 million people in the United States are now over 50 years old. This segment of the population is prone to seek vacation homes, retirement locations and real estate investments. There is also more wealth worldwide than ever before and much of this wealth prefers to invest in real estate. As more and more people invest in Mexico additional services are built to support this trend. As this occurs, it often makes Mexico even more appealing to new investors.
4) The long-term future of Mexico looks promising. The country itself is becoming stronger economically and the opportunity for long-term real estate appreciation in most regions continues to be favorable.
5) Mexico’s warmer climate is attractive to many from the United States, Canada and other foreign locations. For decades many people have enjoyed vacationing in Mexico. "Purchasing" property is the natural next step.
6) Over 1 million Americans now live full time in Mexico. Along with residents who have moved from other countries this large population has proved the safety and viability of life in Mexico.
7) Most of the popular destinations in Mexico offer an array of interesting and fun things to do. From beach life and fishing to golf and tennis most people are excited at the numerous ways one can recreate in Mexico. Those who enjoy exploring the rich history and culture of Mexico find endless opportunities to explore each region has its own unique opportunities. And, of course, many people find that Mexico is the perfect destination for simple rest and relaxation.
8) There is growing inventory of condos, villas, homes and land plus a wide selection of resorts and developments with extensive amenities. This provides a steady supply of inventory for interested buyers and investors.
As you can see it is no surprise that Mexico provides an increasingly attractive location for Americans, Canadians and other foreigners. Most experts believe that Mexico real estate provides an attractive opportunity for both investment and enjoyment for decades to come.